• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with Micros (1 Viewer)

Doug.M

aka Gan***face
Hi
All caught this morning in a West Scotland trap, 200+ moths, a good one.

Is the first Agriphila straminella, it doesn't appear to have a nose which had me wondering.
And, what are the other 3, are 2 and 4 the same species? I cant match them up to anything in field guide.

Thanks for your help (again).

Dougie

Attachments

• 63.093-Agriphila-Straminella-1a-G41web.jpg
    63.093-Agriphila-Straminella-1a-G41web.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Micro-6a-G41web.jpg
    Micro-6a-G41web.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Micro-7b-G41web.jpg
    Micro-7b-G41web.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Micro-8c-G41-web.jpg
    Micro-8c-G41-web.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 8
#1 is A.straminella, they often lose their noses!
#2 & 4 are both worn Acrobasis sp, probably advenella/suavella.
#3 looks like one of the Bactras, perhaps lacteana but I think gendet is required to be sure.

David

Hi David, thanks for that. Although I’ve birded for many years I am new to mothing and assistance is greatly appreciated.
Best wishes
Dougie

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back