• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Love to know this bird species in advert. (1 Viewer)

It is a Canary.

Close in plumage to the truly wild form of Canary (Atlantic Canary - Serinus canaria).

From Madeira and the eponymous Canary Islands.

By the way, did you notice he is reading "Tweet" magazine in the ad? ;)

Last edited:
It is a Canary.

Close in plumage to the truly wild form of Canary (Atlantic Canary - Serinus canaria).

From Madeira and the eponymous Canary Islands.

By the way, did you notice he is reading "Tweet" magazine in the ad? ;)

hi Phil

Thank you that has confirmed things now. Canary it is!

I do not know why, but I was under the assumption that Canary's where more Yellow than green coloured. We learn something new all of the time.

With the advert, I did not see the Tweet Magazine, but I noticed the 'Worms' in the Fridge.

Like the family portraits of the bird too.

Great fun advert from the birds prospective.

It certainly isn't a Chaffinch!

Jon

Thanks Jon all sorted now.

It has occured to me that it might,in fact, be a female Canary.

The profusion of grey wash to the neck and flank feathers would bear this out.
Also the fact that it does little more than aimlessly twitter, rather than sing, and read "Tweet" magazine. A "Celebrity" publication for the Fairer Sex, i am led to believe?

I attach a still from this Ornithological Meisterwerk for your further examination....;)

Attachments

• vlcsnap-78512.png
    vlcsnap-78512.png
    162.4 KB · Views: 101
This is the same advertisement I mentioned in this thread: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=140603 Though, I couldn't actually remember the product being advertised, so couldn't hunt it down on youtube.

Sorry I had not seen your thread Carless

I had a problem finding the advert on you tube also. Just kept at it until I found it.

Been aware of the advert for the last week or so especially on Ch 4

Thought if downloading it with Gordon Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares attached, but I do not think that would be a good thing to do.

It has occured to me that it might,in fact, be a female Canary.

The profusion of grey wash to the neck and flank feathers would bear this out.
Also the fact that it does little more than aimlessly twitter, rather than sing, and read "Tweet" magazine. A "Celebrity" publication for the Fairer Sex, i am led to believe?

I attach a still from this Ornithological Meisterwerk for your further examination....;)

hi Phil

Thank you for your further comments about the Canary

Like the idea oif twitter magazine a lot. Thought it might also be a reference to the new Twitter website too.

Love the picture with the bird at the table, and you can a closer look at the plumage too.

Like the bird pictures in the background (not sure what the other picture is though - might be bird seeds?), and what is on the hat stand? eek!!

Sorry I had not seen your thread Carless

No problems. I was kicking myself for not actually noting what the advertisement was advertising so that I could hunt it down. And I haven't seen it again since posting to take more notice.

Yes a Canary .I'm sure the sound track has nothing to do with the bird in shot.Canaries of course (the cagebird)come in many varieties and colours.

No problems. I was kicking myself for not actually noting what the advertisement was advertising so that I could hunt it down. And I haven't seen it again since posting to take more notice.

The main thing is the advert is up and running and it is hard to ignore.

I am sure it is on Ch4 at the moment

Yes a Canary .I'm sure the sound track has nothing to do with the bird in shot.Canaries of course (the cagebird)come in many varieties and colours.

hi Mick

I wondered about the soundtrack of the bird call. Not sure how true it was to the bird in question.

When I first saw it a week or so ago (haven't seen it since though) thought it was quite cool, albeit ignoring the fact that the bird was obviously not in the wild where it should be. Assumed they'd used a domesticated canary, but one that looks 'wilder' than your average bright yellow cagebird.

Liked the little touches of humour, including the little man that came out of the 'cuckoo' clock....

Yes, the pigeon is very Owl like with its call. If you look at the TV screen it has a cat looking like it is a Jail bird, and a comment on the bottom of the screen about 'preening'

The TV birds singing look like Wrens - not sure though?

I have to admit it is very clever advert in the sense the more you look at the bird home the more you see.

Have you seen the birds coloured claw shaped wellington boots as the bird comes into the box. ;)

Still love to know what the pink/orange thing is on the coat hanger. :eek!:

Very cleverly done though it could have been any bird that as chosen to do the lead part.

Yes, the Canary is on my list now ;)

Last edited:
Certainly is Howard :t:

I have worked out what is on the hat stand - other than the normal hat - it is a raptore Hood!! - looks scary LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back