• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod for FZ1000? (1 Viewer)

bill1226

Hi all. I am a brand new member from Durham, NC. I would like to start by complementing the group on your helpful attitudes and insightful comments. My wife and I have been birding regularly since my retirement a year and a half ago and have really enjoyed it.

I have purchased a Panasonic FZ1000 as an upgrade from my older Nikon Coolpix. This forum was a great help to me in confirming the capabilities of the camera at the price point I wanted to achieve.

My question is to you experienced FZ1000 users: do you have a specific tripod (or possibly monopod?) recommendation that you feel works well with the FZ1000? I have an older tripod that I have used with previous cameras which is rather bulky/heavy. I would be interested in a sturdy but lighter (portable) tripod that works well with the FZ1000.

Thank you for your assistance.

Bill

Hi Bill and welcome to BF!

The FZ1000 is pretty light, so your tripod choice is more constrained by how compact and portable you want it to be and how much you want to spend.
Luckily B&H is currently having a Tripod Tuesday sale, so you should be able to find something suitable. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

A potential candidate would be the $140 Sirui P-324X Carbon Fiber Monopod, which comes with a tripod accessory. That combines portability with flexibility, although it does not pack as small as desirable for travel.

Hi Bill and welcome to BF!

The FZ1000 is pretty light, so your tripod choice is more constrained by how compact and portable you want it to be and how much you want to spend.
Luckily B&H is currently having a Tripod Tuesday sale, so you should be able to find something suitable. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

A potential candidate would be the $140 Sirui P-324X Carbon Fiber Monopod, which comes with a tripod accessory. That combines portability with flexibility, although it does not pack as small as desirable for travel.

Thank you, Niels and Etudiant.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back