• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Booted Eagle, Tarifa (1 Viewer)

Barred Wobbler

I don't get round to doing many drawings these days, paintings even less, but in 2015 I did a drawing of a booted eagle migrating south for Africa in front of the hills behind Tarifa.

I'm heading off to the same area this weekend for another amazing raptor passage over The Strait and I was reading the posts here and decided it was as good a time as any to stick my drawing up.

Attachments

• IMG_0892-bforum.jpg
    IMG_0892-bforum.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 207
Thanks folks. I started work this week on a Short-toed Eagle about to cross the coastline on its trip to Africa. When it's finished I'll stick a post up.

We saw many hundreds of Booted Eagles attempting the crossing in a severe Easterly last Friday. A smattering of Short-toed Eagles and some Black Kites along with smaller numbers of Sparrowhawks. A single Black Stork arrived and just headed off at fairly low level, gliding across the wind. Hope it made it.

I like that Booted Eagle, its so full of "migratory urge" - really going for it!

(now what's that excellent German word for "migratory urge" again?)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back