• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CANON 7Dmk1 problem (1 Viewer)

mdb2

HELP. my sample has been exemplary, but now the camera is not switching OFF, yes the switch goes into position but it's still live if I press the shutter button it livens up ready to go, has anyone had a similar problem? It doesn't seem to drain the batteries either?
Kind regards mike

Last edited:
If that doesn't work, I suggest not worrying about it. I never turn mine off anyway. Battery drain in standby is close to zero.

Take the battery out including the mini battery and leave for a few hours.

Cheers.

Steve.

hi Steve I tried your idea and left it overnight, still no different with or without battery grip, thanks for the advice.
Kind regards mike

hi Steve I tried your idea and left it overnight, still no different with or without battery grip, thanks for the advice.
Kind regards mike

On a different note, I recently brought a 2nd hand 7D as an upgrade for my 40D. I was surprised with the shutter button. On the 40D the camera fires up straight away on the first press, whilst on this 7D you have to pump it a couple of times. Is this normal?

Thanks
Dave

On a different note, I recently brought a 2nd hand 7D as an upgrade for my 40D. I was surprised with the shutter button. On the 40D the camera fires up straight away on the first press, whilst on this 7D you have to pump it a couple of times. Is this normal?

Thanks
Dave

My 7D fires up soon as you touch the shutter button or back focus button

To the OP: This has happened to me on 3 or 4 occasions too. I have no idea why it happens; to fix it, I have just taken out the battery and immediately put it back in again, and the camera has worked normally again.

To the OP: This has happened to me on 3 or 4 occasions too. I have no idea why it happens; to fix it, I have just taken out the battery and immediately put it back in again, and the camera has worked normally again.

hi ulfg, I have tried taking the battery out including the small flat battery but to no avail I now remove the batteries if I leave the camera overnight or longer. It's no big deal. I have now purchased the mk2 and will sell the mk1 on cheaply
Kind regards mike.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back