• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Thread (2 Viewers)

A Couple More New Paintings

here is today's daily - a 5" x 5" high elevation spring-fed creek and a mourning dove done early this summer...

Attachments

• Spring Creek 5x5.JPG
    Spring Creek 5x5.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 60
  • palo verde and dove.JPG
    palo verde and dove.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 62
I have a new title for you Master of Small Worlds...has marketing appeal too don't you think?

Seascape is mindblowing, every value perfect...I bow to the MoSW....;)

Incredible, Peter.

You make the water seem both invisible and there at the same time! How is that?!

And the dove is just sublime. Am in awe.

here is today's daily - a 5" x 5" high elevation spring-fed creek and a mourning dove done early this summer...

Having spent the last week among high elevation creeks I'm especially appreciative of this painting. We saw many a beautiful scene similar to this but I don't know if I'll have the nerve to try to portray it. Very good job.

Peter I want you to go to that mourning dove, have a good long look at it, smile and give yourself a round of applause! Unfussed pure light. (And you can have a round of applause for all the others too as they are all excellent!)

Two More

Thanks!! here's a couple more including an evening scene that I painted from last night. I did this in a much looser, painterly style than I normally do and it was a fun departure. I think I am going to do more landscapes in this style.

Attachments

• Wood Duck Pair 5x7.JPG
    Wood Duck Pair 5x7.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 41
  • moonrise at sunset 5x5.JPG
    moonrise at sunset 5x5.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 47
Super stuff Peter. There seems to be something of a swing towards landscape painting by quite a few of the bf artists lately.

Mike

riotously colourful and all so natural, both of them - superb work once again - you're really going to have to post some rubbish ones once in a while to get the balance right!

Catching up on everything you have posted recently - looks great! The coastal landscape is quite stunning, and the MoDo has a cool contemporary feel to it.

- you're really going to have to post some rubbish ones once in a while to get the balance right!

Here ya go Nick - LOL! I just flat out gave up on this one... :-O Maybe I'll revisit it at some point and give it a go again, but it was frustrating from the first brushstroke. The bird in the middle surrounded by pine needle bunches in the 4 corners and spaghetti branches not to mention the colors weren't working at all toghether....

Attachments

• yellow rumped warbler 4x4.JPG
    yellow rumped warbler 4x4.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 47
that's not rubbish - just unfinished, you see what's gone wrong with it and you'll manage to pull it together if you revisit it later on. I've spent all weekend painting a whinchat in teasels, two versions, two birds I'm happy with and a horrible scratchy mess of mixed media all around it - tomorrow is sit down with just watercolours, take my time and do something nice - same subject though.

and I think I'll get the background off a photo I took, looking back I was waaaaaaaay off with what I was trying to achieve!

Last edited:
A world class selection of artworks Peter!
I love in particular your "bathing in light" paintings, mourning dove and Oregon coast included.
After a long absence, I managed to get few studies at Munich zoo today morning..
Working as full time illustrator, there isn't any spare time at all.
It is obvious that I need practicing...

Paschalis

Attachments

• European bison.jpg
    European bison.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Golden eagle.jpg
    Golden eagle.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Long legged buzzard.jpg
    Long legged buzzard.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 35
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back