• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wing-tagged Buzzard, Cheshire. (1 Viewer)

halftwo

Wird Batcher
Saw a Common buzzard with a bright blue-green wing tag (left wing) with the number 16 clearly visible. This was a couple of miles inland from Inner Marsh Farm RSPB reserve.

Any knowledge?

Try this from www.cr-birding.be

Wingtags with code on both wings.

Roy S. Leigh, 10 Mere Road, Higher Marston, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 6DR UK.

e-mail: [email protected]

note 1: during 2000 orange, during 2001 green and during 2002 yellow wingtags wile be used.

note 2: the code consists of black numerals and a line above the number.

Hi,The wing tagged Buzzard you sighted is one of mine which I tagged as a juvenile on the Wirral nr Raby June 2008,it has been around the Puddington area for a while
I'm in my 4th year of tagging Buzzards on the Wirral and lately radio tracking as part of a dispersal project, I have had some good dispersal movements into Staffs/Derdyshire border,North Wales and into Lancashire as well as birds staying local
All adults have pale green tags both wings with a digit and juveniles have a pale green tag on the left wing and an alternating coloured tag on the right to denote year
There is only two Buzzard wing tagging project in the UK, Argyle/Perthshire and Cheshire/Wirral

Roy was wing tagging in the Cheshire area 2000/2002

Steve

tagged buzzard

It was by the A540 Gayton near the Runnell today (not far from Thornton Hough)so is clearly hanging around here

Try this from www.cr-birding.be

Wingtags with code on both wings.

Roy S. Leigh, 10 Mere Road, Higher Marston, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 6DR UK.

e-mail: [email protected]

note 1: during 2000 orange, during 2001 green and during 2002 yellow wingtags wile be used.

note 2: the code consists of black numerals and a line above the number.

Hi,The wing tagged Buzzard you sighted is one of mine which I tagged as a juvenile on the Wirral nr Raby June 2008,it has been around the Puddington area for a while
I'm in my 4th year of tagging Buzzards on the Wirral and lately radio tracking as part of a dispersal project, I have had some good dispersal movements into Staffs/Derdyshire border,North Wales and into Lancashire as well as birds staying local
All adults have pale green tags both wings with a digit and juveniles have a pale green tag on the left wing and an alternating coloured tag on the right to denote year
There is only two Buzzard wing tagging project in the UK, Argyle/Perthshire and Cheshire/Wirral

Steve

I hope you will both keep us updated with any interesting movements.

CB

Hi Steve, saw a Buzzard on Sunday 7th Feb 2010, around the St Helens Mosslands, only saw right side of bird, Green tag with looked like number 12 in white letters, one of yours?

Cheers Peter.

Birdwatching in St Helens web site.
http://www.birdwatchinginsthelens.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/home.htm

Hi Peter, thanks for the sighting,yes the tagged Buzzard you saw was one of mine,pale green & pale blue wing tags
History of No 12
It was ringed and wing tagged as a fledged juvenile on 13/08/2007 at Brimstage,Wirral
Retrapped on the 06/11/2007 at Brimstage ,Wirral
Sighted on the 11/08/2008 at Rainford,Lancashire
Good to hear its still around

Cheers
Steve

Saw a Common buzzard with a bright blue-green wing tag (left wing) with the number 16 clearly visible. This was a couple of miles inland from Inner Marsh Farm RSPB reserve.

Any knowledge?

Hi,thanks for the sighting,No 16 has been around the Burton,Puddington area for a while now
History of No16
Ringed and winged tagged as a nestling on the Wirral on the 28/06/2008
Sighted on the 08/11/2009 at Puddington,Wirral
This bird has not moved far

Cheers
Steve

That is amazing, I saw the tagged buzzard yesterday in a tree by the side of Parkgate Lane on the way to Thornton hough. It's great to know he gets around!

Hi all,

I took a photo of a buzzard in Elton in Derbyshire with a purple wing tag with the number 14 on it, can anyone shed any light on this bird

Steve

These aren't the only projects tagging buzzards in the UK. Eimear Rooney has been tagging buzzards in Northern Ireland since 2010, originally as part of a PhD study, but has continued after she finished.

Eimear uses a yellow tag on the right wing (for region) and colour changes every year.

Tagged BZ in NI

Here's a photo of one of the nests we have visited this year and Eimear tagged as part of her project.

Attachments

• 1011904_627027140649753_1421919908_n.jpg
    1011904_627027140649753_1421919908_n.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 206
Hi
Anyone know about a Buzzard with a blue wing tag left wing and right wing tag right wing plus ring on right leg please????? In Perthshire if that helps

Hi
Anyone know about a Buzzard with a blue wing tag left wing and right wing tag right wing plus ring on right leg please????? In Perthshire if that helps

Dave Anderson, who works for Forestry Commission, is wing-tagging buzzards in the Trossachs. Most likely to be one of his study birds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back