• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Toad in Morocco (1 Viewer)

Andreas Roche

I found this toad in Tafinegout, Morocco, which I think is an African Green Toad – Bufotes boulengeri. I ask for advise to confirm it. Thanx.

Attachments

• east ravel 117.JPG
    east ravel 117.JPG
    930.4 KB · Views: 66
ok, all these "new" species have been Bufo => Pseudepidalea => Bufotes viridis before.
Now they are split into:
Bufotes b. boulengeri: NW Africa
Bufotes boulengeri siculus: Sicily
Bufotes balearicus: Italy, Baleares (introduced)
Bufotes viridis: rest of Europe
Bufotes variabilis: Anatolia, Caucasuas countries, Near and Midde East

Mario

When did Bufo become Bufotes?

Andy

Dubois, A. & R. Bour (2010): The nomenclatural status of the nomina of amphibians and reptiles created by Garsault (1764), with a parsimonious solution to an old nomenclatural problem regarding the genus Bufo (Amphibia, Anura), comments on the taxonomy of this genus, and comments on some nomina created by Laurenti (1768) -- Zootaxa 2447: 1–52

Mario

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back