• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which way is up? Costa Rica bird March 2017 (1 Viewer)

Pat MS

Just reviewing my photos from a couple of weeks back and came across this one. It was taken on the Caribbean side of Cost Rica and shows the bird displaying. There was a Montezuma Oropendola colony in the grounds of the lodge but I cannot reconcile the colour scheme of the bird in the photo. It landed on a branch and threw its orange tail feathers forward, the guide commenting, "there it goes" as if this was a common occurence.

I've checked on the internet and in a couple of books but the Oropendola display looks nothing like this. Also, I am not sure whether I am looking at the front or back of the bird!

Any contributions gratefully received.

Thanks

Pat

Attachments

• Which way is up.jpg
    Which way is up.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 70
I think you might be right. There were a lot of those throughout Costa Rica but I didn't see another one behave like this.

Thanks

Pat

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back