• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spanish Keith Brockie Book (1 Viewer)

TWM

Not a lot of people know this------Keith Brockie illustrated a book on Spanish Wildlife and it is fabulous. It doesn't seem to be available in the UK but for anybody into Spanish birds it is MEGA.
It is called: Cuaderno de Campo de la Naturaleza Espanola
ISBN: 84-921085-0-9
It costs 30 euros and is worth every one!

Forgot to mention--it is of course in Spanish but the latin names are given and the pictures speak for themselves!

Keith Brockie

TWM said:
Forgot to mention--it is of course in Spanish but the latin names are given and the pictures speak for themselves!

I can vouch for the fact that this is a great book as are all of Keith Brockies. I have had a copy for a few years now and the fact that it is in Spannish matters a jot to me. I am going on a birding trip to Spain, for the first time, later this month so will be taking a look at the book before I set off. K Brockie is a great artist in my opinion and anyone with an interest in wildlife and Scottish wildlife in particular could not fail to admire his work. His books and prints are often available on ebay.

Have a great time. Spain is brilliant once you get clear of the Costas! A few hundred yards should do it!!!

Thanks.

TWM said:
Have a great time. Spain is brilliant once you get clear of the Costas! A few hundred yards should do it!!!

Thanks TWM. I will be travelling from the Pyrennees to Tarifa on the South coast so should be seeing plenty of birdlife. Will try and get a report sent in on my return in early May. Cheers.

TWM said:

Sorry but I don't fully agree with this statement as I live in a place on the edge of the Costa Blanca. I regularly go to the towns marina/beach to seawatch and have had some very good birds including:- Red-throated Diver, Balearic & Levantine Shearwaters, European Storm-petrel, Mediterranean Shag, Audouin's and Med Gull, Lesser Crested Tern, Great Spotted Cuckoo, etc. Also our roof terrace has had fly-by Booted Eagles, Honey & Common Buzzards, Black Kites, Marsh Harriers, White Storks, Bee-eaters, Alpine Swifts, Red rumped Swallows, etc.
So where ever you are in Spain it is possible to see very good birds even if the Costas are the only thing available.

brianfm said:
Thanks TWM. I will be travelling from the Pyrennees to Tarifa on the South coast so should be seeing plenty of birdlife. Will try and get a report sent in on my return in early May. Cheers.

Make sure you pass through the Extremadura, Caceres, Trujillo and Monfrague Park! Spain is a great country!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back