• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opinions please (1 Viewer)

retep d

Hi all,
I thinking about getting a pair of Nikon Sporter 8x36 DCF binos for birding, has anyone who wears glasses got experience of these?

Peter

retep d said:
Hi all,
I thinking about getting a pair of Nikon Sporter 8x36 DCF binos for birding, has anyone who wears glasses got experience of these?

Peter

Peter,

I can't help you with personal experience, but the tech data I found say the eye relief is 20.5 mm, which should be enough to allow the majority of glasses wearers to see the entire field. If you can, I would highly recommend trying a pair in person. Fit and feel are very important, and it would also allow you to see how they work with your glasses.

Clear skies, Alan

AlanFrench said:
Peter,

I can't help you with personal experience, but the tech data I found say the eye relief is 20.5 mm, which should be enough to allow the majority of glasses wearers to see the entire field. If you can, I would highly recommend trying a pair in person. Fit and feel are very important, and it would also allow you to see how they work with your glasses.

Clear skies, Alan

Sound advice, thank you Alan!

I have bought a pair and they are the best that I have used whilst wearing my specs. I love these little Nikons, and at that price I am considering getting another pair in case anything ever happens to them.

I also own a pair of Opticron Oregons and some Olympus Porros.
But the eye relief is far better on the Nikons.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back