• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera bags (1 Viewer)

RJL2005

Hi, I am needing to get a case for my gear (30d, 400 5.6, 70-300 and 18-55 plus sundries) any ideas? Thanks Rhod.

KCFoggin said:
I love the LowePro bags. Right now I'm using the Nova4 that handles my gear quite well.

Lowepro all the way. Just bought a Phototrekker AW secondhand too. Have a look on eBay for a deal, usually plenty around - find the model you need from the helpful Warehouse Express site :storm:

lowepro street and field system - I can fit the bags to my rucksac, or the rucksac belt, or to the belt that comes with the system. It means I have a much more flexible carrying system.
(The problem I have with camera bags/sacs is so often they do not have space for the gear I need for the rest of the day - eg ropes, climbing gear, axes, crampons for a winter mountain day, and although the dedicated tripod holders are nice, it's not that hard to attatch it to my climbing sac)

I'd also recommend a Lowepro bag, I have a few (for different uses) and think they are excellent. With the kit that you are talking about a Micro Trekker 200 might well do the job... if not then I'm sure a Mini Trekker would.

RJL2005 said:
Hi, I am needing to get a case for my gear (30d, 400 5.6, 70-300 and 18-55 plus sundries) any ideas? Thanks Rhod.
As everyone has said: LowePro. Well thought out, very fine build quality. I take cameras, clothes and snacks for the dog.

And a clever way to carry a stand / umbrella / shooting stick.

Can't fault LowePro in any way.

Last edited:
LowePro Minitrekker will be more than adequate - but it may not be able to fit in your flask, lunch etc.

On this point, what experience (if any) do folk have of fitting the LowePro DayPark to the Minitrekker? I have heard that creative folk may be able to combine the two (although, unlike others in the Trekker series, this isn't the intention).

I bought the Lowepro Photo Trekker Classic in mint condition from ebay for £55.00
This has more than enough room for my 30D with 100-400mm lens fitted, 18-55mm lens ,binoculars, jacket, food & drink & tripod strapped below if needed + plenty of space for memory cards, field guide etc...Scope will also fit inside

Top bag well thought out

Regards Bish. :t:

Hi

Thanks for your replies - bought the mini trekker today. Clever little bag that looks like it was built to order!

Cheers

Rhod

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back