• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding near Yateley (1 Viewer)

ruffdog64

I live in Yateley and am looking for areas reasonably near to me for taking photos of birds, i have been to local lakes such as horse shoe lake but am looking for somewhere less public and filled with dog walkers (nothing personal dog walkers) where it may be possible to set up a hide to take some pictures , can any one suggest anywhere please?

The best places are the ones nobody looks at, but avoiding dog walkers in the Yateley area is a bit of a trick! It also depends what you want to photograph. There are stretches of the Blackwater that are no much frequented (you might try Hawley meadows, which is too wet in winter for most walkers), ditto the Basingstoke canal.

For farmland birds there are hedges you can hide in all round Greywell, and for woodland stuff you could try Finchampstead Ridges, Bramshill forest etc. Fleet Pond is good but suffers from dog walkers as much as Moor Green.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back