• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Golden Eagles over Callander (1 Viewer)

Goldfynche

Well! It was always on my 'bucket list' to see a Golden eagle But I never ever imagined that I would see one (actually two) from my own back garden!
On three occasions now, we have seen a pair of them, hovering over the crags here in Callander! We also frequently see Buzzards and the size difference is patently obvious! These are definitely "The Big Guys"!

I've seen Red Kite, Buzzard, Peregrine and Osprey over Callander, never a Golden Eagle. Would be interested in photos if you have them.

Best bird ever here was the Barrow's Goldeneye which overwintered in 2006

I noticed on Springwatch last night, that the GE chick they radio tagged last year was shown as having been over the Callander area during the last year.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back