• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 80d 100-400 mk1 birds in flight not focused (1 Viewer)

Lostboys

Hi
Can any one give me advice on the canon 80d with the efs 100-400mm L USM MK1.
How do I get sharp shots with this lens, I have been shooting 2000 shutter speed, f5.6 - f8, auto iso (limited to no greater than 3200) single spot focus and servo af.

I have been practicing on gulls.

Attachments

• 4407EB9D-24C5-41C6-9C3A-DFFE421B9127.jpg
    4407EB9D-24C5-41C6-9C3A-DFFE421B9127.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 206
  • A1C983F8-495A-43DE-BAA8-3D530805D426.jpg
    A1C983F8-495A-43DE-BAA8-3D530805D426.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 187
Hi
Had a quick look at the shots and they don't look to bad to me, do you have a link to your main photo (Flickr etc) where people can view a larger file.
Looking at the first the feather detail is not too bad and the eye appears to be in focus although the white is slightly blown out but that can be touched up in photoshop.
Tim.

Hi
Had a quick look at the shots and they don't look to bad to me, do you have a link to your main photo (Flickr etc) where people can view a larger file.
Looking at the first the feather detail is not too bad and the eye appears to be in focus although the white is slightly blown out but that can be touched up in photoshop.
Tim.
Hi Tim
I don't have flicker, it must have changed the quality for this forum, you are right I have blown it slightly. I am attempting to adjust focus with
Reikan FoCal.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back