• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Party of Five? (1 Viewer)

Chickadeedeedee

They came by fives today to the feeders. Five male Cardinals, five female Cardinals, five Black-capped Chickadees, five Dark-eyed Juncos. There were five White-crowned Sparrows, five White-breasted Nuthatch and their cousins, five Red-breasted Nuthatch. Twenty-five (five x five) House Sparrows, five Mourning Doves, five Downy Woodpeckers, five House Finches and five Blue Jays. What party would be complete without five squirrels?

The party of five abruptly broke up when Mr. Cooper's Hawk arrived to see who was for dinner. No one was to be his dinner today and he sat waiting and probably drooling in the olive tree. Finding he was getting no where he eventually left. One of the male Cardinals was *our* Mr. Cardinal. Not a single Starling.

I kept counting and re-counting the birds but kept getting five or 25. LOL! Never saw such an orderly assortment and they all came from no where within minutes of my filling the feeders. The Black-capped Chickadees and the Downy WPs didn't wait for me to leave the feeders. They were hungry! :-O

Lydia

Hi Lydia,
Wow! now that's what I call an orderly fashion. I wonder if Mike will complete the day and buy you 5 Gold Rings!!
Oo! I feel another Christmas card coming on! lol!

Attachments

• DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 24
Hi Lydia

Love it - you are haunted by the number 5. At least it is not 6 or 7 :eek!:

Yes, it has that Xmas feel about it - need to change the famous Xmas verse to all 5's though ;) - or maybe not.

Maybe Mike may be the 5 ring type of guy

Regards
Kathy

Hi Pie. LOL! *Love* the card! :-O Five gold rings on the spur of the moment? My Mike? He needs to research for weeks or more for something like that. Five Hermit Crabs or five fish or five orchids ... that would be more likely.

Hi Kathy. The number five doesn't seem to have any significance here. Hmmm. You think Mike is heading for five rings too? Sounds like an international conspiracy has been revealed here at the ex-beeb board. 3:)

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ...

Five Golden Hamsters. ....Five pounds of birdseed ... Five cups of mealworms... Five inches of new snow .....Five speckled Kramers!

Last edited:
Hi Lydia.
What a wonderful way to get a bunch of fives. Much nicer than the alternative.
If that saying doesn't mean anything to you, it usually means some fist.LOL!!

All the best.
Baz.

Hi Lydia.
What a wonderful way to get a bunch of fives. Much nicer than the alternative.
If that saying doesn't mean anything to you, it usually means some fist.LOL!!

All the best.
Baz.

:-O Bunch of fives ... sounds *quite* American! The word bunch is very commonly used. We have a bunch of cats. We certainly have a bunch of birds. No word about five rings from Mike though. Quite honestly I'd make better use of five bags of seed rather than rings. :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back