• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sketches from Portugal (1 Viewer)

excellent start for your thread - these walltoasters are full of all their attitudes and movement - the flying birds are particularly good. This one seems to have been more co-operative than my local ones this year.

Wonderful group of sketches, Paulo! The variety of positions and angles you have captured here is excellent. Well done!

very good work...wait for more :t:

friendly greetings Gaby

P.S oh ..I forget...a warm welcome here

Wonderful drawings Paulo - capturing the action and movement of the bird completely. Glad to see you here and a massive 'Welcome' to Birdforum.
Can't wait to see more of your terrific work here.

This bird is a non-stop machine. Alwais moving. It's perfect to practice the hand in quick sketches.

Thank you all for your support. I'll post more drawings soon.

This bird is a non-stop machine. Alwais moving. It's perfect to practice the hand in quick sketches.

Thank you all for your support. I'll post more drawings soon.

I agree - though occasionally they sit still, I once was lucky enough to watch one preening for ten minutes, but normally they are at difficult angles and moving in all dimensions.

:hi: Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I will let you with these sketches of a Wallcreeper seen this winter. Give some feed back.

welcome aboard: they look really good- they give off such a strong feel of being drawn whilst watching the bird

I have to agree with Ed. They give such a strong sense of being drawn while watching the bird. A pleasure to see in all their various poses. Welcome aboard and hope to see many more like this.

Looking in to my old drawings I found this sketch from 2008.
It shows a dead Tawny Owl that I've found. I think the owls are the most difficult to draw, maybe because they have a face so similar to humans. Well, I must keep trying.

Can not wait for the weekend to make some sketches outdoors.

DSC05575.JPG DSC05578.JPG DSC05580.JPG DSC05581.JPG DSC05583.JPG

Hi Paulo (this is a footballer's name if I've ever seen one!)
There is some quite superb work here. The wallcreepers are superbly done, loads of life and kept so simple - envy is a terrible thing!
The owl study is an example of excellent draftmanship.

I think I'll take up painting by numbers.

Looking forward to seeing more of this top-drawer stuff.

Russ

The Owl study quite literally encompasses everything about the beauty of a Tawny Owl as well as Owls in general, the talons and pads on the bottom of the birds talons are class!

The owl study is amazing, If you haven't already check out Keith Brockie's dead bird studies in his Wildlife Sketchbook, you will be equally in AWE at such talented illustrative work!

Nice One Paulo

Jack

Thanks again! :)

Hi Paulo (this is a footballer's name if I've ever seen one!)
There is some quite superb work here. The wallcreepers are superbly done, loads of life and kept so simple - envy is a terrible thing!

Russ you're a Football fan I see. In Portugal the name Paulo is a common name amongst the football player's. I don't know why .. Lol

You can't imagine how much I envy many painters... :) mainly the one's that can make colour studys of birds in the wild.

The owl study is amazing, If you haven't already check out Keith Brockie's dead bird studies in his Wildlife Sketchbook, you will be equally in AWE at such talented illustrative work!

Thanks Jack, I didn't know the work of Keith. And what a work! Russ this one you should envy!

Some new stuff. Today I went to a large dam, near my home (Montargil Dam). I could make some sketches of Crested Grebes. They're allready displaying. How I wish to draw some of the action I've seen today. Well I must train harder...

DSC05811.JPG DSC05812.JPG DSC05813.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back