• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sharpie Pen Strikes Again! (1 Viewer)

so good to see you so comfortable now with minimum fuss and the results speak for themselves - an inspiration (and maybe a kick in the arse for me to get into the studio)

I'm not quite sure what to make of this one. I'll maybe do a second take as there's mileage here - if I can find it :-O
Also found a lovely cock lapland bunting on my lunchtime walk - that'll be tomorrow's project, methinks.

Attachments

• Warebeth Beach.JPG
    Warebeth Beach.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 81
I love it - very distinctive and original - though a second take would be great to see which way it goes next.

There's definately some milage in this. Love the mix of birds and the way they're all so much a part of the environment that a double take is needed to sort 'em all out.

Mike

There's definately some milage in this. Love the mix of birds and the way they're all so much a part of the environment that a double take is needed to sort 'em all out.

Mike

I love the hide and seek aspect too. Ive been looking at Bluethroat the last few days and seeing this piece has me thinking about these birds, how they appear in the field, how best to depict them. Food for thought and I thank you for it...

I'm the last person in the world who should talk about British art. I know so very little. But when I first saw this I was reminded of some paintings by Samuel Palmer which I must have seen in some art history course over 30 years ago.

For what that might be worth, if anything!

Second version - more along the lines I hoped for but still a yard off the mark, methinks. I'll take a further look after a break . . .

Attachments

• Warebeth Beach 2.JPG
    Warebeth Beach 2.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 106
Don't run away from the first one so quickly. This is very different, as you know. Keep looking for what you saw. Love your work and process, Tim.
David

Don't run away from the first one so quickly. This is very different, as you know. Keep looking for what you saw. Love your work and process, Tim.
David

Can't disagree with this very good advice. Both versions of this seem a bit unexpected. And yet obviously you saw 'something', as David says. I'm sure it will eventually venture forth in the form that you want.

A scene from the school-run this morning; a field teeming with lapwing and newly-arrived golden plovers. A further development is again required, but this has some of the feel to the morning, I think.

This is mind-blowingly good, Tim. Have I missed your sketches from life on your other 'on the hoof' thread, or was this sribbled down as soon as you got home? Whatever, it's all fantastic stuff.
I'm only just beginning to understand how a brush works, and this is in a different stratosphere, mate.

Russ

I love the motion in the second one, and the surprising relationships. It has some of the humor that your best of these do. These take time to look at for you and everybody else, too. Keep at it! It is a very interesting medium... I like it.

A Bit Of Ruff

A scene from just across the road from our cottage as I returned from work this afternoon.

Attachments

• a bit of ruff.JPG
    a bit of ruff.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 68
I like all three of the pieces since I last commented. Both versions of the first two work nicely for me, just different. The need to do a bit of searching to find the birds is a really nice touch - kind of reminds me of a series of wildlife photos Art Wolfe did in which the animal was heavily camo'd in the background...very fun stuff. And for the last one, I continually envy you your location (though probably not some of your weather!).

Love both of those pics with the yellow flowers (can NEVER remember the name of those!!! Hawkbit? Sowthistle? Or something completely different!!! :smoke: ) - amazing the way you don't notice everything all in one go but keep coming across yet another new bird! :t: The jizz of those flowers is fantastic too by the way :king:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back