• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Inspiration (1 Viewer)

sdtillt1966

Hi Everyone,

Recently I've been having issues with staying motivated with my artwork. I've been a practicing artist for about 35 years and still have issues with inspiration from time to time. I was wondering if anyone else here has had to face this issue. Recently, I've become interested in what motivates artist, what inspires them to create. I know it isn't the money we make from our art. Like most artist, we would continue to create whether we made money or not. I was just interested in hearing from some of you about what inspires you too create and how you motivate yourself when the inspiration is just not there.
I created a blog a few days ago on this subject. It started out as my way of motivating and inspiring myself to create my art and then realized that it may help other artist as well. At least that is my hope.
If you get a chance please click the link below (Art Inspire Today) and let me know your thoughts or if you see anyway I can improve the blog to better help my fellow artist.
Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Scott
p.s. I thought I would also share some of my artwork. The title is: Freedom's Spirit - Colored Pencil on board- 11" x 14"

Attachments

• eagle_op2_593x765.jpg
    eagle_op2_593x765.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 71
Just a quick 'Hello' and welcome to Birdforum, Scott - great to see you over here!! I'm sure this thread will get plenty of replies - I'm already thinking of mine.
Lovely portrait, too.
Tim

hey scott fabulous work i really struggle to capture birds of prey
i think the fact that you produce such great work and also have the brilliant opportunity to do it for a living should be an inspiration for you also the fact that joe public look and admire what you do
my own situation is to work on construction projects all week and do some field sketching at the weekend for a coupkle of hours
keep up the great work

Welcome Scott, good to see your work posted.

I don't see the link you mention.

Panic inspires me most:-O so much here and so little time.... there is so much extraordinary life everywhere, I 'll never have enough lifetime to do much about it, but want to capture what I can, and art is a way to pass and pay it forward.

it means something good lots of great sayings on the other side of the pond from us. They have lots more:-O

nice site, and I love the blind painter, who wears a cowboy hat!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back