• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Colour ringed Greylag Goose (1 Viewer)

400mark

Does anyone know of any colour ringing schemes for Greylags?.
I reported this bird via euring over a year ago & have had no reply to date.

The Greylag Goose was alive & I managed to read the ring using my telescope.

12 Country GB
13 County/province Northants
14a Location Nene Barrage, Clifford Hill Gravel Pits
14b Location extra Northampton
15 Coordinates/gridreference SP 787 599
16a Date 21/09/2008
22 Leg ring (colour and code) White ring with black writing A3H (from top to bottom)

I would be interested to find out more details of the bird if possible & any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

theres a scheme in gwent that a friend of mine runs, i am sure your combination 'A3H' is similar to what they use. I'll drop him an email and find out for you.

I've chased this one up for you with WWT who coordinate the goose colour-marking schemes, so hopefully we'll get something back soon.

Mark Grantham
BTO Ringing Scheme

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back