• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scarlet Ibis, Brazil (1 Viewer)

Lanhua

on September I'll go to Brazil and will make a stop over in Sao Paulo, before go further to Pantanal.
I'm wondering if somebody could give some suggestion, how to go to coastal area to see even Scarlet Ibis.
Do somebody know a birding guide living there, who can go with me.

Thanks in advance

Mietek

on September I'll go to Brazil and will make a stop over in Sao Paulo, before go further to Pantanal.
I'm wondering if somebody could give some suggestion, how to go to coastal area to see even Scarlet Ibis.
Do somebody know a birding guide living there, who can go with me.

Thanks in advance

Mietek

Hello Mietik,

did you get to see any Scarlet ibis? I'm planning to make the same trip and have the same question :)
I was thinking about National Park Superagui & Area de Protecao Ambiental de Guaraquecaba, but doesn't seam so easy to access.

Thanks in advance

Greg

They seem hard to miss if you take a boat at sunset or dawn in the areas you mentioned?
If no boat, I would search for a good vantage point and most likely you'll see them fly to their roosting trees in the evening.

They seem hard to miss if you take a boat at sunset or dawn in the areas you mentioned?
If no boat, I would search for a good vantage point and most likely you'll see them fly to their roosting trees in the evening.
Yeah that's what I thought, but I was wondering if it's easy to find a boat to tour with in that area. Only thing I see online are much longer expeditions.

I reckon you can charter a boat everywhere in the world, but how long it will take to arrange and at what cost... That I don't know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back