• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ATS 80 or ATX 85 (1 Viewer)

My local optics shop’s best seller by far is the ATS65. Not just outselling the ATX of all sizes but all other brands too.
I think that says a lot.
The ATS of whichever size does everything well and, perhaps importantly, is lighter weight than the ATX.

I think it's a matter of asking yourself if the differences matter enough to warrant the extra cost.

For me it was a solid yes, but I've seen just as many people who say no.

The deciding factor for me was having the zoom and focus close next to eachother and so we went with the atx 85. Haven't looked back since.

Just moved up from a Leica Apo Televid 65 to an ATX 85. Both great scopes but the Swarovski is just that bit better because of it's wider lens, more light and greater sharpness at maximum magnification. ( the 95 is even sharper ! ) Also the zoom goes to 60 on the ATX85 rather than 50 on the Leica. Crazy price though !

When I bought my ATX scope I tested it side-by-side against my old ATM80. The ATX was definitely slightly sharper.

I ended up with the ATX with both a 65 and 95 objective modules. But if I was just getting one, I'd get an ATX85.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back