• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kirtland’s Warbler? (1 Viewer)

B4bratti

Hey everyone -

Very new to this forum but this is really the only place we wanted to test the community on our last “window” fatality. As amateur birders, I was hoping we can get some assistance.

Better off posting this in an i.d. forum B4bratti - several thousand UK birders will be having heart attacks when they see your headline in a few hours' time!

Not a Kirtland's, as that is grey on its back and rump, yours is greenish. The pics are too small to see exactly which species, possibly a Nashville Warbler, but not definitely. Can you post larger ones?

PS Welcome to Birdforum!

PPS @ baseline - no problems! We (the 'several thousand UK birders') can see the poster is from Michigan, so we know what can be expected :t:

Thanks for the reply, friends! Sorry about the photos, uploaded them from my phone and used a new junk hosting site! I’ll see if I can find some larger.

- Apologies on the wrong sub forum also!

I'm quite sure this is a Nashville, with the pattern of yellow throat and upper breast, white belly, and yellow undertail coverts. Also, the gray head contrasting with green back fits Nashville (Tennessee not so yellow below).

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back