• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red colour ringed Herring Gull (1 Viewer)

Jono L

I have checked EUring and couldn't find this bird:

Left Leg: Red ring with code TJ7T on it. Silver ring on right leg.
Herring Gull on beach at Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK on 1 April 2013.

Cheers
Jono Leadley

darvic ringed herring gull

I have checked EUring and couldn't find this bird:

Left Leg: Red ring with code TJ7T on it. Silver ring on right leg.
Herring Gull on beach at Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK on 1 April 2013.

Cheers
Jono Leadley

Hi Jono,

I had a red darvic ringed bird at King's Lynn Docks last year which was ringed as a pullus at Orfordness, Suffolk. Could be from the same project? If you want I can PM you the guys email address.

Cheers,

Robert

We've had several colour ringed Herring Gulls locally over winter. The three with red darvics and four alphanumeric code ending in 'T' were all ringed by the North Thames Ringing Group at Pitsea Landfill in Essex so I wouldn't be too surprised if that's where yours is from as well.

We've had several colour ringed Herring Gulls locally over winter. The three with red darvics and four alphanumeric code ending in 'T' were all ringed by the North Thames Ringing Group at Pitsea Landfill in Essex so I wouldn't be too surprised if that's where yours is from as well.

Ian will be correct here. Letter-letter-number -T on a reddish-orange ring is from the NTGG.

Steve

Ian will be correct here. Letter-letter-number -T on a reddish-orange ring is from the NTGG.

Steve

Hi there - Steve's correct in saying that a red ringed large gull (Great Black-backed, Lesser Black-backed and Herring) with black writing ---T will be from the North Thames Gull Group (ringed either at Rainham or Pitsea). Do be aware though that before the T, it's not always letter-letter-number; it can be letter-number-letter too.

They have a fantastic website here and Paul Roper is one of the most efficient guys when it comes to getting back to you. Presume he will already have replied by now...

Cheers
Rich
http://rothandb.blogspot.co.uk/

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back