• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (3 Viewers)

Dipper. I'd seen a brown dipper on hols before, but, despite having a good look in pretty much all rivers I've passed, never seen a "common" one.

Until I went to Echternach and looked in the river separating Luxembourg from Germany.

Such a charismatic little thing, almost vibrating on each rock before diving in for a rootle in the flow. Also so shy; fled whenever a harmless and oblivious mallard swam vaguely close by.

Attachments

• 42986807690_f331751480_c.jpg
    42986807690_f331751480_c.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 27
I have quite a few from my recent trip to Papua New Guinea to see the Birds of Paradise. The last one I saw in the trip was the Raggiana Bird of Paradise. Trip of a lifetime. You can check out my birding experience and my Bird of Paradise photos. It is one of the best experience in my Birding life o:)

Bairds Sandpiper yesterday at Easington. After the disappointment of the Rutland bird earlier in the year it was great to catch this one. Just luck to be in the right place at the right time. Having seen this one it is now obvious the Rutland bird wasn't.

Central America

Long-billed Starthroat Hummingbird
Bright-rumped Attila

Spotted today on our morning walk. Very happy about seeing both these guys.
Southern Costa Rica, Pacific slope.
Cheers,
Bryan

My last 'life' bird was Richard's Pipit last wednesday at the Brabantse Biesbosch in the Netherlands. There were two birds seen.

Regards, Leo

Greater white-fronted Goose
October 5, at Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge near Chico, California.

My first British (and British & Irish) lifer for a little over a year with Grey Catbird at Treeve Common, Land's End. (Not a world lifer and a better photo of one from New England in 2016 also attached.)

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• Gray Catbird 006.jpg
    Gray Catbird 006.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Grey Catbird 010.jpg
    Grey Catbird 010.jpg
    753.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Catbird.jpg
    Catbird.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 27
My third British Isles bird for this year: Grey Catbird (the others being Moltoni's Warbler and American Royal Tern).

Also Beluga for mammals, Clifden Nonpareil and Oleander Hawk Moth.

What a great year it is turning into!

John

My third British Isles bird for this year: Grey Catbird (the others being Moltoni's Warbler and American Royal Tern).

Also Beluga for mammals, Clifden Nonpareil and Oleander Hawk Moth.

What a great year it is turning into!

John

Glad you connected with the catbird, John!

Certainly seems to be improving in your neck of the woods.

Most warblers and Neotropical passerines are gone from here, with a few exceptions.

Meeeeoow!

B :)

I'm a little surprised I'm only the third for the Treeve Grey Catbird, which showed so well even I got the odd picture; [there was also a Treeve grey Cat present, which prompted some humour]

Attachments

• DSC08154.jpg
    DSC08154.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 24
241 Lifers in Brazil
1419 Orange-bellied Euphonia
1420 Greyish Mourner
1421 White-bibbed Antbird
1422 Eared Pygmy Tyrant
1423 Veriscoloured Emerald

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread