• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Corvo late on this autumn (26 October - 2 November) (1 Viewer)

Rich Bonser

Hi all
I'll be on Corvo for the last week of October, and looking for some company if anyone's interested. Unlike earlier in the autumn, accommodation isn't at a premium and the chance of finding birds is much higher as there's less competition! Lovely island, lots of walking but the rewards are there.

My previous trips during 'teacher's week' (since 2009) have produced White-tailed Tropicbird, Mourning Dove, American Robin, Lincoln's Sparrow, Northern Flicker, Summer Tanager, Black-and-white Warbler, Northern Parula, Common Yellowthroat, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Chimney Swift, Buff-bellied Pipit and two Indigo Buntings (several of these self-found).

I also normally spend a day or two on Terceira/Sao Miguel before/after the 5 days on Corvo - highlights have included Great Blue Heron, a mega flock of 19 Blue-winged Teals, American Black Tern, Least Sandpiper, American Golden Plover and multiple Pied-billed Grebes, Double-crested Cormorants, Long-billed Dowitchers, Semipalmated Plovers, Lesser Yellowlegs, White-rumped, Semipalmated and Pectoral Sandpipers.

If you enjoy vagrant hunting, then it's one of the best places in the world. If you're interested in finding out more, please respond here or PM me.

Cheers
Rich
http://rothandb.blogspot.co.uk/

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back