• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Badgers Trail Camera (1 Viewer)

Moocher

I have been thinking for ages about getting a trail camera to try and record the Badgers I watch on a regular basis. I eventually purchased a new one from Ebay that quickly developed problems and was promptly returned.

In its place again from Ebay I purchased a second hand Acorn 5210A Wildlife Trail Camera. Initial tests have been favourable and my early results can be seen here.

http://moochersmoor.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/badger-watching.html

Regards

Moocher

Thanky you for the pictures.

I, too, use trailcams to take pictures and short movies of the mammals and birds in my area. And I got some pictures of badgers, too.

I didn't know that it is illegal in GB to hunt badgers. In Germany hunting season for badgers starts August 1st and ends October 31st.

Did you lure the badgers to get these pictures?

Hi, I place the trail camera in areas I know badgers frequent anyway from my observations of them. Then I do put a scattering of peanuts down to stop then long enough to get a few pictures.

Regards

Moocher

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back