• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

tripod heads etc etc (1 Viewer)

POP

Having followed the discussions on the 501 head,may I throw another into the pot and that is the 503,first things first price 501 £119.00 503 approx £190 weight 501 3.4lbs 503 3.52 lbs.I have spoken to distributors of Manfrotto who told me about both heads,not being very technical,some of it was over my head,but basically the actual movement of the head is more fluid,it also has a built in spring balance to help support the camera weight,and when using the scope camera has a device allowing when used to return to upright position,maybe this is the spring balance? both heads can be seen on Manfrotto.com web site..The upshot of all this was that the 503 is a better bet than the 501,hte weight is not much different but the price is.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back