• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ohio November 2010 (1 Viewer)

PONYRCR

I'm going to Carrolton KY the first week of November. I'm going to the Breeders Cup (a major horse racing event). I'll have one day to get in some birding. Thursday Nov. 4

Right now my plan is to head up to Shelbyville, IN to visit Indiana Downs then head to Cincinnati, OH for a stop at River Downs. Both places are race tracks. It will be a long day of driving so I'm going to break it up by doing some birding along the way.

Currently my plan is to stop at the Big Oaks NWR on my way to Shelbyville. Then on hit Rowe Woods in the Cincinnati area.

Honestly Big Oaks NWR looks huge and a bit overwelming. If anyone knows a good birding place along the 421 please let me know.

Also looking for a hot spot along the 74 as I head to Cincinnati.

On Friday I'll be driving from Carrolton to Louisville. I'm planning to spend some time at the Louisville Nature Center (it's close to Churchill Downs) but if anyone knows a spot to stop on my way from Lousiville to Carrolton let me know.

I'm mostly interested in finding fall warblers and if possible owls. I'm not too interested in waterfowl or shorebirds as I get plenty of those here at home.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back