• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jack Sparrow in need? (1 Viewer)

JackInAFreezy

Jack Sparrow is in need.

Jack Sparrow is a Chipping Sparrow that has a dislocated wing. I currently have him with be right next to my computer. I've watered him many times and tried to give him Chai seeds, since I read that they eat seeds and insects.

Jack is not eating and I'm wondering what types of insects are okay for him to eat. I get not ones bigger than him, but I know he needs help. I am barely 16 yet and I've phoned a professional but all they say is wrap his wing to his body, keep him fed and watered. Not how to feed or water him. I've been using a small straw to give him water and he's drinking perfectly. The problem I'm having is him eating.

I could really use some advise, I'll be waiting a reply.

Hi ya Jack and a warm welcome to you from the entire staff here at BirdForum :t:

Sorry to hear about the Chipping Sparrow but I think it needs to be brought to a wild bird rehabilitator for treatment.

Not knowing what part of Ohio you are from, here is a link that will give you some help:

http://www.owra.org/find

Please let us know how it gets on.

Hi ya Jack and a warm welcome to you from the entire staff here at BirdForum :t:

Sorry to hear about the Chipping Sparrow but I think it needs to be brought to a wild bird rehabilitator for treatment.

Not knowing what part of Ohio you are from, here is a link that will give you some help:

http://www.owra.org/find

Please let us know how it gets on.

He has actually in the last few hours become way more active and started eating the chai seeds. My mom, Who for years worked with birds and has helped birds in the past help me with him a bit, I'll see how he is tomorrow, If he's not improving, I'll look at the rehabilitation.

Thank you for your reply! And thank you for the welcome!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back