• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are kowa ts611 scopes any good. (1 Viewer)

Roger S.

Hello,

Never owned a scope before, and cannot afford too much money at present due to being now unemployed, but there is a Kowa ts611 angled spotting scope, with 27x wide angled ,in good condition for £230,in my area.
Is this a reasonable scope and is it worth the money being asked.

Thanks for any advise you might be able to give me.

I used one for years. They're a good light weight scope. Not great for digiscoping due to the quality of glass and the small objective lens but for normal birding I think they're great. Replaced mine with a Swaro. I was going to sell my Kowa so looked into the cost of 2nd hand and £230 seems about right.

the 611 is a great little scope,and you can digiscope with it,if you look at my gallery,this is what I have done with it,and hand held.I am not saying every pic I tookturns out perfect,but you will enjoy the 611,very good scope for the money.Get it bought.

Thanks for your answers, you have been very helpful.

Could you tell me if you know how much roughly the kowa would have cost when new.

Cheers.

Roger S. said:
Thanks for your answers, you have been very helpful.

Could you tell me if you know how much roughly the kowa would have cost when new.

Cheers.

Off the top of my head it would have been about £400 including a lens

Darrell

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back