• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eyepiece screw-fit for Kowa TS (1 Viewer)

Alcyon49

Hello,

I've bought an old Kowa spotting scope (60mm) with a 25X eyepiece (screw type). It is my first scope. I was told by the previous owner who got it since 1984 that it may be a TS6 model (it is small scope 11", see photo).

I'm looking for an eyepiece with higher magnification that will fit my scope (zoom or not). I know there was 40X eyepiece for the TS1 and I think it would fit on my Ts6.

If anybody can tell me if it's the case ? and if someone has such an eyepiece to sell I would be so happy ! :king:

Thank you

Alcyon49

Attachments

• kowa.JPG
    kowa.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 1,424
Hi Alcyon49 and welcome to Birdforum, from all the moderators and staff.

As far as I can remember, all the Kowa screw-fit eyepieces will fit on your 'scope. Other screw-fit eyepieces from some manufacturers will also fit, eg. Opticron (from the HR 60 series and others), Bushnell Spacemaster. Mirador, ... ).

I think the best eyepiece available at the time, was the Kowa 27x, maybe this has been bettered now though.

Cheers,

Andy.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back