• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ohio rollcall! (1 Viewer)

MichelleOhio

I hang out in Greene and Montgomery Counties. Live in one, work in the other. Xenia/Dayton/Miamisburg/West Carrollton areas.

Who else is here from Ohio and where do you bird?

Hello My name is randall and I hail from Bainbridge ohio ,we photograph the lakes in the area ,like Rocky Fork and Paint Creek , I used to live in Xenia but that was a long time ago.
Randall

My name's Clint and I'm from Ohio, and I frequent the Cuyahoga Valley area. I make it out to the Maggie Marsh area once in awhile too. I'm a photographer too, but there is something peacefull about only carrying a pair of binoculars and not worrying about the technical aspects from time to time.

Hi Michelle. I'm in Logan county, about 30 miles north of Xenia. Just started birding so no places yet. I do like to walk at Clifton and people watch at Yellow Springs, lol! Indian Lake is up here and suppose to have a lot of birds. My parents had a bald eagle visit their pond a few weeks ago. They were able to get a couple quick pics. There is a nest nearby as well but I haven't seen any activity there yet, maybe in the spring.

Where do you bird?

Well, I'm just a beginner, but I'll represent! Mansfield is my home, and Richland, Ashland, Knox, and Morrow counties are my stomping grounds. My favorite birding spots are:
1. my backyard
2. Clearfork Reservoir
3. Mohican State Park
4. Pleasant Hill Lake
5. Charles Mill Reservoir
Happy Birding,
Brian

Welcome Dave and Brian! I was beginning to think Ohio was a dead zone. ;)

Dave, I bird wherever I am. Lately it's pretty much been from the car, but that's okay. I've seen my nemesis, the American Kestrel, a lot this fall/winter, so I won't complain.

I like Clifton as well, but I'm going to wait until the weather warms a bit to go back up. I mostly go to Five Rivers MetroParks and walk the trails.

Next on my list: Bald Eagle. Shoot for the sky, right??

Hey all! Im J.D. Roth and I mull around Cincinnati Ohio. Michelle, if you want to see Bald Eagles come down here. I have a place where I usually see six and I can show you around. Anyone been all around ohio birding and have a favorite spot?

Hey, thanks, J.D. If I get down that way and have birding time I'll be in touch! Just out of curiosity...are you seeing the eagles near downtown? A pair has been spotting near downtown Dayton hanging out on the ice covering the GMRiver.

Oh no. I really really really hope they don't get anywhere close to down town Cincy even though it is right on the river. I don't trust the people in Cincinnati with nature at all. I don't even tell them that there are local bald eagles. They have to bring them up to me before I talk about them.

Well, I'm from the downtown Cleveburg (Tremont) area & I'm really enjoying my 1st bino-buys with a Zen-Ray 7x36 ED2 & a Pentax 6x28 Pappillio. Got a Zen 20-60x80 ED2 spotter comming next week so it should be fun...

Hi,
When my parents lived in Uniontown near Akron in the 80s I visited them several times and mainly birded Quail Hollow SP. Anyone still bird there?

I also visited places like Nimisila Reservoir and Portage Lakes SP, and further afield Tinkers Creek SP near Aurora and one great visit to Crane Creek SP/Ottawa NWR. Sadly it was in August so mainly waders and wildfowl rather than the spring passerine migrant fest, but fantastic birding for a (then) young Brit.

Hello everyone. My name is Matt and I live in Berlin Heights, about 15 minutes from Sandusky. I am new to birding, and can't wait for spring migration. Me and my wife will be attending the biggest week in the magee marsh area for 2 or 3 days in may. anyone else attending this event?

Going to try to make it up for a day or two, jersey. You should also check out the Midwest Birding Symposium coming to Lakeside in September! I went two years ago and loved it!

Well it seems that I am the first from Northwest Ohio. I live in Defiance (right between Ft. Wayne, IN and Toledo, OH). We are fairly luck in that we have two eagle nests within 6 miles of town. The Maumee and Auglaize rivers provide lots of meals for the little ones and the adults as well.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back