• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Winged Blackbirds (1 Viewer)

jersey

Me and my Wife have seen our first small flock of Red Winged Blackbirds of the year at our feeder this morning, along with our normal tree sparrows,juncos,titmice,nuthatches,cardinals,and a few others. Kinda gets me motivated for spring.Warm weather is right around the corner. Matt

What? No Grackles in with the Blackbirds? I got hit 2 weeks ago with a couple of hundred Grackles and mixed in with them were about 50 Blackbirds & Cowbirds.

There were a few Grackles but no Cowbirds. We also had a Hairy Woodpecker and a Flicker at our suet feeders today, have not seen them in a while.

Living in downtown Cleveland, i don't expect much at my feeder except for the the big three (squirrels, pidgeons & english sparrows). BUT! Just got my first RW Blackbird (male) & grackle today - what a nice surprise! For me, Chickadees, Titmouses, Nuthatches, Juncos & any woodpeckers would be rare birds. Thank goodness for my 2 Cardinal pairs - they make my day every day.

Gotta love those Cardinal pairs, especially this time of year. We put up a Bluebird house for the first time this year and had a pair flying around it yesterday. I sure hope they make that there home.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back