• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa - Birdforum Photo Competition (1 Viewer)

Hi,
Due to the unexpected downtime that birdforum experienced on June 30th - July 1st, the deadline for entries to the Kowa Optics Photo Competition has been extended by 7 days, and the closing date will now be Midnight (British Summer Time) Sunday July 7th.
Unfortunately any uploads made to the competition gallery after 1100 BST on June 30th will need to be uploaded again.

cheers,
Andy

Unfortunately any uploads made to the competition gallery after 1100 BST on June 30th will need to be uploaded again.

cheers,
Andy

Unfortunately recent uploads to the competition, eg since Thursday/Friday, may be lost. If you have uploaded to the competition in the last few days PLEASE CHECK THAT THEY ARE STILL THERE

Hi.

Yesterday, I uploaded three images ro the Kowa competition (that I were unable to upload to last weekend), It all looked OK after upload but today when I look at the directory, I can't see them there. I don't know where they may be in BFs galleries. They do exist somewhere because I have received email noitifications of comments on them during the night. However, the links in these notifications do not lead to the Kowa competition gallery. they lead to the "Birds in Britain and Europe" - gallery (which I chose in the drop-down list upon submission).

Anyone having any idea of what might have happened to them?
Should I re-submit them?

Cheers, Jens.

PS. Here are the links to the photos that I recieve in the email notifications:
http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=465081
http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=465077
http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=465074

Hi.

Yesterday, I uploaded three images ro the Kowa competition (that I were unable to upload to last weekend), It all looked OK after upload but today when I look at the directory, I can't see them there. I don't know where they may be in BFs galleries. They do exist somewhere because I have received email noitifications of comments on them during the night. However, the links in these notifications do not lead to the Kowa competition gallery. they lead to the "Birds in Britain and Europe" - gallery (which I chose in the drop-down list upon submission).

Anyone having any idea of what might have happened to them?
Should I re-submit them?

Cheers, Jens.

PS. Here are the links to the photos that I recieve in the email notifications:
http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=465081
http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=465077
http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=465074

It appears that you uploaded to the birds of Britain & Europe photo gallery/category, as opposed to the correct one, 'Kowa Competition Entries'

I have now moved your 3 entries to the correct category/gallery.
regards,
Andy

hallo

At what time you are excepting to introduce the winner?

Michal

Thank you

The judges will be voting during the Birdfair, which takes place from 16th-18th August, so I'd guess around those dates the winners will be found and announced.
cheers,
Andy

The judges will be voting during the Birdfair, which takes place from 16th-18th August, so I'd guess around those dates the winners will be found and announced.
cheers,
Andy

Will the judges vote on all entries, or will a "short list" or "candidates" be selected first?

Thanks,
Howard

Will the judges vote on all entries, or will a "short list" or "candidates" be selected first?

Thanks,
Howard

The judges will look through all the entries and make sure they all meet the criteria. They will then vote on the remaining. The winners will be announced at Birdfair 16th-18th of August 2013.

Regards,
Sandra

Can you give us a ballpark figure as to how many images were entered?
5000?
250,000?
Maybe I really don't want to know...

Here is my calculation ....

There are 51 pages making up the gallery containing the entries, of which 50 are full pages. Each full page contains 12 entries.

50 pages times 12 entries each equals 600 photos.
Page 51 contains 8 photos.
The first photo is a test photo.

End result is 607 photos.

Some photos may be eliminated because they did not meet the criteria (such as date taken). So, it should be under 607 photos.

LOL Bruce, you didn't need to do all those calculations, the clever Birdforum software has done it for us.;)

Scroll down to the bottom of the Gallery Home page and you'll see the Kowa Competition Gallery - alongside it is the figure for the number of pictures in there - 609. However,as you say, the first one is a test picture.

Umm... I make that 608 (but what's one between friends) :-O

Delia ... Thanks for pointing out where to find the picture count.

Now that Birdfair 2013 has ended, is there any information on the winning photos or a link to the results?

The Kowa 60th Anniversary competition winners are:

1. Nikosf- A common Swift feeding in a pool of water
IMG_8210_09-06-13A.JPG
2. Lovejoy- Male Bittern defending its territory
Minsmere_109bf.jpg
3. Killy- Preeening Kingfisher
BDS6124acs.jpg
4. Gerald Friensen- Roseate Spoonbill & Immature White Morph Reddish Egret
DSC_23291.jpg
5. Dave B- Orange-bellied leafbird
Orange-bellied_Leafbird_Fraser_s_Hill_300413_IMG_3487.jpg

6. Duke Leto- Red-Footed Falcon
7. Jefferson.silva- Burrowing Owls - two owls, taking care of each other
8. Rudydbn- Evasive Action - Burchells Sandgrouse
9. Joe cockram- Arctic Tern
10. Paul Jarvis- Whooper swan- Martin Mere
11. Kampang- A stork-billed kingfisher
12. WesternP- White-throated needletail
Congratulations to you all! Please pm me with you name and contact details!

Sandra
Kowa Optimed Europe Ltd

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back