• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa 30X eyepiece (1 Viewer)

ColD

Save the Egyptian Vulture in Greece
I currently have a TSE-14WD 30X Wide eyepiece for my 613, the rubber adjustable eyepiece is degenerating leaving me with the old joke syndrome of a black eye . I know of no dealers of Kowa on Crete , is there anyone who knows where I could possibly obtain a replacement please. All help appreciated .
Thanks ColD

Thanks for your reply KK have tried Ebay, only eyepieces there , I require just a part really , if anyone knows where I could obtain spares for the above eyepiece that would be great.

Cheers
ColD

Pyser SGI Ltd are the main UK importer for Kowa, so you should be able to get a new eyepiece rubber from them. They put one on mine a couple of years ago when I sent my scope in for a service.
Try doing a Google to find their website - Kowa at Pyser SGI.
Hope this is helpful, Steve.

www.pyser-sgi.com is the address of the UK importers Steve refers to.
Gosh; that eyepiece can't be so terribly old. Would you say the eye cup deterioration you've experienced is to be expected? Here's a contact form on the Kowa website which may be worth a try. :
http://www.kowa-usa.com/frontend/contact.asp
Don't know how good they are at responding, though.

Yep not that old . Maybe the salt air here, the suntan lotion , or just a bad batch have tried the USA site , last week, as yet no answer , and have emailed the UK importers last night , USA sent an acknowledgement email, saying they would respond within 48 hours , nothing since, so hope that a response will be forthcoming from Pyser soon.

Thanks for the help will let you know how I get on

Cheers ColD

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back