• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

a.k.a. formatting (1 Viewer)

Am I missing something here? I thought we had agreed the format would be:

Also Known As Whatever the name is

Am I missing something here? I thought we had agreed the format would be:

Also Known As Whatever the name is

I thought it was Alternative name: xxxxxx

However, if as your suggestion, it should be Also known as xxxxx (without capitals on known and as) ;)

However, if as your suggestion, it should be Also known as xxxxx (without capitals on known and as) ;)

I thought Kits was referencing another thread / consensus - but I'll wait for her to verify.

My vote would be for Alternative Name. Some of the names there are not really known by anybody....

André
aka Wintibird;)

I thought Kits was referencing another thread / consensus - but I'll wait for her to verify.

Kits hangs her head in shame and verifies it was this thread to which she was referring. :eek!:

Big sigh. :-C

Well, when someone else goes back through they can change where I have put Also known as to Alternative name. o:)

I promise to put a bold alternative name from now on ...:gh:

Oh - and Jos - I thought you were sending me lots of kisses!

I'm going with Alternative name: xxxx-bird , coded as '''Alternative name: xxxx-bird''' for now. Directly below the title, above the scientific name.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back