• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yukon 20-50*50wa (1 Viewer)

Ivandex

Hello

I have this yukon 20-50*50 and I wanna to digiscoping with my phone.
Is that possible ?

Please if someone have solution for some kind of phone holder or something else ?

Sorry on my English..

Best regards from
Ivan from Serbia

Hi Ivan, and welcome.

I have the same scope, but doubt if many here have one.

I don't do digiscoping, but suggest you hold your phone behind the scope to see what happens.
There may be universal adapters if this works.

My experience with several Yukon products is that quality control varies a lot.

Regards,
B.

yucon 20-50*50

Thank you Binastro.

You are absolutely right about yucon products.
I read every comment or review on the net about 20-50*50 yucon and for certain, I am sure that quality is not same on each product.
I guess that I was lucky, more than happy with scope on that price.

So, what bothers me is that now I thinking that is not possible to adapt mobile phone on yukon 20-50*50, because scope dose not have eyepiece.
It is focus and eyepiece together, strange..

Regards,
Ivan

Ivan,
The zoom control is next to the body.
Maybe leave at 20x.

The eyepiece is a helical focus that just screws out.
I suppose one puts the camera phone behind the eyepiece.
Perhaps first focus on a distant object.

There is no internal focus mechanism, so the distance between the eyepiece and camera phone varies as the eyepiece is screwed in or out.
Not ideal, but would work with difficulty.

But best for birds at a fixed distance.

It may be that focus changes slightly with zoom magnification, so one may be able to fine focus using the zoom wheel.

If focus changes with magnification, it may be best to focus carefully on medium distance birds at the marked 25x magnification.
Then use the zoom magnification wheel to fine focus by moving zoom from 25x to 28x or 25x to 22x.

Regards,
B.

Last edited:
Binastro,

If I understand you right, that is exatcly what I am thinking :)

My plan is to phone holder mount on a zoom 32* or 25* or so
and to use small monocular to find birds 9*32
Zoom will be fixed at some number, thinking about 32* or some higher..

Not ideal es you say but not bad either :)

I order two tipes of phone holder, very cheap from China and I hope tha will works

Thank you again.

Ivan

I just tried the secondhand Yukon 20x-50x50 WA.
I was mistaken. Only 20x and 50x marked.

There is very little difference in focus between 20x and 50x, so one can only realistically digiscope at a fixed distance.

I have a new one somewhere but didn't find it.

So yes, it can be used with limitations.

It has 1/4 inch and 3/8 inch tripod sockets on the bottom.

B.

I have 20*, 25*, 32* and 50*

To stay on 32* is quite enough, just if I can attach on zoom phone holder and do not touch...
which I hope is possible...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back