• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need to Update zoom on older Celestron 80 ED (1 Viewer)

Pauhana

United States
Has anyone tried the Baader MK IV zoom on a older Celestron Regal 80 F-ED?

Have not been thrilled with factory zoom. Using scope more now to scan lakes for ducks, grebes, etc. Think i need to change zoom or get a new scope

I assume you mean the 8mm-24mm Baader MK IV zoom. I have a Celestron 80 ED refractor and it is excellent even with my not special eyepieces. You might want to get a new spotting scope. I have Nikon 50ED and 82 ED and the Nikon 82ED is an excellent spotter, both are.

Last edited:
I hope you like it ok! BTW you have excellent pictures in the Gallery! I thought you were talking about the Celestron 80 ED refractor at first.

Last edited:
I assume you mean the 8mm-24mm Baader MK IV zoom. I have a Celestron 80 ED refractor and it is excellent even with my not special eyepieces. You might want to get a new spotting scope. I have Nikon 50ED and 82 ED and the Nikon 82ED is an excellent spotter, both are.

which one is better,celestron regal 80 with a Hyperion ep zoom,or nikon 82ed?

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back