• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Growing concerns over US oil leak (BBC News) (1 Viewer)

Far as I'm concerned the politicizing of this horrible event is just smoke and mirrors to cause the great unwashed to take their eyes off of the central issues. It should be no surprise.

This will soon morph into blatant and overt propaganda that it is unpatriotic not to support the oil industry. You know, 'national security depends on domestic oil' and 'if you stand against any oil-based industrial activity, your taking jobs away from hardworking American taxpayers'
It already has on a lot of Louisiana/oil disaster websites. There is an army of 'oil supporters' on some sites that will keep nagging down anything derogatory said about the oil industry. I made a subtle comment on 1 site about "not worshipping false gods" and got a boatload of rude replies....who knew?

The intention is for BP to be taken over by American/Asian Companies. BP has caused a disaster in the Gulf, although this was American run, BP is still a UK registered company. The buck stops at BP, although any shortcuts would have been approved by the US government. As for Lockerbie, this is a new can of worms. UK companies were winning contracts soon after the release. Also only UK workers were wanted as we were the only ones to get Visas easily. Makes you think. However the US can get off its high horse, just look into EG in Western Africa. I shall say no more.
With increasing world population we will drill in deeper and more dangerous waters. The deep water drilling that could go ahead west of the UK would be far worse than the Gulf.

Well, it looks like BP is ousting Tony Haywood. Poor gu., He'll be leaving with only about 18 million dollars.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back