• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Palawan and Bohol Guides (1 Viewer)

scillybirder@ho

I am not having much luck in contacting guides in either Bohol or Palawan.

Can anyone recommend and provide up to date contact details please

Cheers

Martin

Fred ,as he is known, who works for http://www.philippinecockatoo.org and can probably be contacted through the website, may be able to help with Palawan. He should know who can assist you. You should visit the project as Fred is a delightful helpful guy and he'll show you around the local area. I birded Lake Danao in the northern part of Palawan on my own, simply got a tricycle taxi from the town of Taytay to the lake and then organised a banca there. There's not exactly any choice it's either self paddle or engine and I opted for the former.It was DIY but one of the best days birding I have had in the Philippines. There is a tricycle driver in Taytay called Chris, short for Chrisostym, and he took me out to the lake and then joined me in the banca for the day. It's a bit like South Uist....well not really! If you ask around he'll show up!Be careful in Sabang which is the staging post for the underground river and Blue Peacock.......the hotel that claims to be the birder's paradise didn't exactly impress me, monstrous overcharging and very poor facilities. I have no info about Bohol.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back