• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manufacturer's Warranty on used binoculars. (1 Viewer)

Cluster

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a good Alpha level, used binocular. I'm thinking of a Zeiss Victory or possibly a Leica Ultravid (Also the Nikon EDG 7x42, but that would be new).

I think that I had read that the Leica warranty is not transferable to a second owner, is that right? What about Zeiss?
UK warranty.
Dave,

Last edited:
The last I checked Zeiss had a lifetime transferable warranty which covered manufacturers defects only.

In the US the original Zeiss purchaser has a lifetime warranty covering "manufacturer's defects," but the warranty is transferrable to someone else. In other words, the new owner has the same rights as the original owner, no more no less. I know, because Zeiss overhauled my used 7x42 BGAT*P on that basis.

Ed

Last edited:
Some time ago I called Leica headquarters in Solms and they told me that the warranty is on the bins so it is transferable.

Some time ago I called Leica headquarters in Solms and they told me that the warranty is on the bins so it is transferable.

I bought a used Leica and I am informed, and it also appears to be the case from the documents that came with it, that the warranty is transferable here in the UK.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back