• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spotted flycatcher (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear members and bird watchers

The attached picture is of a bird I have identified as a Spotted flycatcher.

Sweden, Sundsvall and it was around 7 o'clock in the morning

Is this a correct observation?

Kind regards
Aladdin

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 192
It's a juvenile Pied like the one you posted a week ago... The bill is too stubby for Spotted. In many species those juvenile plumages are soon replaced with first adult feathers. In field guides they are often missing.

It's a juvenile Pied like the one you posted a week ago... The bill is too stubby for Spotted. In many species those juvenile plumages are soon replaced with first adult feathers. In field guides they are often missing.

Thank you very much for that.

I was thinking that the difference between the previous bird and this one was too big. Maybe an age thing. And of course, difference in light condition

Thank you very much and now I keep my fingers crossed that I can see a adult bird

Kind regards
Aladdin

... definitely not the best time of the year to go for passerines as most don't sing anymore plus many are moulting and are hard to see at all. Still, wish you good luck!

... definitely not the best time of the year to go for passerines as most don't sing anymore plus many are moulting and are hard to see at all. Still, wish you good luck!

Thank you

On a bicycle holiday in Germany now to look for birds. But like in Sweden and Finland, I think it is too hot for them. Almost like home.

They are taking cover from 10 to late afternoon

Thanks
Aladin

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back