• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (7 Viewers)

congrats on putting some work on display, about time the world at large had the pleasure, I'm sure they'll be very well appreciated.
Can't help with the tracks though, it took me ages to realise there were tracks in the photo!

Definitely otter Arthur - great to have them around but a bit of a bugger if they've got a a taste for koi! And really well done on bringing your work out of the house - about b100dy time!
Well done mate - keep us posted.

Well done Arthur, always knew you'd get gallery space when you tried.

Otters....In the garden.....You lucky, lucky.....
Not so lucky for the fish or the wallet though!

Good to hear from you again.

Mike

Thanks again for the kind words.
Trying to get awayfrom Owls, but who can resist.
Lovely head on veiws as they come along the setaside. They dont pay much attention to me now and the light in the low evening sun has a warm buttery air to it.that would be a challenge to capture.

Attachments

• scan 22-10-2008 23h04m21s.jpg
    scan 22-10-2008 23h04m21s.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 48
  • scan 22-10-2008 23h04m21s_1.jpg
    scan 22-10-2008 23h04m21s_1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 43
  • L1140565.jpg
    L1140565.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
What a Barn Owl Arthur!
Such a sensitive handling of textures!
Regarding your flying one, try it in brush please!
I'm sure it will be of the same caliber!

Paschalis

Yea - great drawings Arthur. Catches the feel perfectly. I'm quite chuffed with myself too as on a trip via East Lothian I had two (probably a pair) on adjacent field stabs on the way to my ister's house in N Berwick. First I've seen for over 20 years!

I'm with Paschalis on the barn owl Arthur, he'd make a great subject for a painting.

I need a barn owl fix, haven't seen one in a couple of weeks so I'm off to find one tomorrow morning!

Mike

Made a start, getting the feel of acrylics. Brought the owl in, I think he looks right there.
lLast one in nat. light
+ my grey waggy is back in super conditoion.

Attachments

• L1140594.jpg
    L1140594.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 36
  • L1140597.jpg
    L1140597.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 36
  • L1140618.jpg
    L1140618.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Oh yes Arthur - this is another cracker. Particularly like the grassland and how you've made some subtle yet distinctive changes in the species-types. Very nice.

Face to Face

Time to leave it and have a look later, not quite happy with it yet.

My barnie in the evening light.
A3 size Acrylic on canvas board.

Attachments

• L1140687.jpg
    L1140687.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 50
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back