Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Springwatch 2020

Old Thursday 28th May 2020, 12:40   #26
Robert Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euan Buchan View Post
Enjoyed the new format of the show.
My wife an occasional birdwatcher also enjoyed the new format and thought it was better than the "old normal". So far I tend to agree with her.
Chris Packham's step daughter was impressive - very assured, good luck to her.
Old Thursday 28th May 2020, 13:53   #27
Farnboro John

Quote:
Originally Posted by davercox View Post
And I wish they would stop yakking when we are trying to listen to the bird song they are yakking about.
With you on that!

Mind you, with all its faults (and among those I'm going to mention use of the meaningless word "mindfulness" to cover short films with no narration) it's still one of the best things on TV, though the bar is low these days. Springwatch on means Escape to the Country, EastEnders, anything with Stacy Dooley, any reality shows etc are NOT on. Which can only be a good thing.

John
Old Thursday 28th May 2020, 16:48   #28
King Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnboro John View Post
I know they are trying to make a point but I wish they would film Britain's wild Beavers instead of Britain's captive, fenced-in ones.
John
Completely agree. It would have been well worth looking at the habitat effects of the free-living ones on the River Otter. Even better they could have highlighted the Scottish government's decision to allow landowners to slaughter the population in the Tay catchment (87 shot legally in 8 months).

Quote:
Originally Posted by davercox View Post
And I wish they would stop yakking when we are trying to listen to the bird song they are yakking about.
Completely agree with this too. Same for 'background' music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Wallace View Post
Chris Packham's step daughter was impressive - very assured, good luck to her.
I thought she rather upstaged her step-father, although she was as bad as anyone when it came to talking all over the birdsong (especially the bit about song mimicry).
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: