• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mike's conservatory (1 Viewer)

OK folks my updated website has gone live (Eeek!)

It's not been easy and I've needed quite a bit of help but I think it's been worth the effort. Please let me know what you think, I had some problems with the way different browsers display things so any feedback would be welcome. It's the same web address as before: www.wildlifeart1.co.uk

Cheers
Mike

ps. Sorry about the mugshot!

Last edited:
OK folks my updated website has gone live (Eeek!)

It's not been easy and I've needed quite a bit of help but I think it's been worth the effort. Please let me know what you think, I had some problems with the way different browsers display things so any feedback would be welcome. It's the same web address as before: www.wildlifeart1.co.uk

Cheers
Mike

ps. Sorry about the mugshot!

that's very nicely done: nice and un-noisy, and the colour tones make perfect sense alongside the content

Last edited:
that's very nicely done: nice and un-noisy, and the colour tones make perfect sense alongside the content

Agreed, nice website Mike, easy to use and looks good. Uncluttered and easy to navigate...

Just spent 40 minutes viewing the gallery, can't think of a better way to enjoy a coffee, some trips down memory lane and a few I'd never seen until now, all of it wonderful...

Thanks guys.

I may well tweek the gallery a bit just to add a pull down menu so that you can navigate directly to numbered gallery pages, but other than that I'm relatively happy with it.

Mike

Great webby Woody. I remember Something on Tims site about his new book and it had a picture of Ringed Plovers on the beach. At the time I even shouted the Mrs look at that beauty. Im glad I can put name on the painting now. Best Rings I ever seen :t:

Just had the swiftest of shufties at the webby and I'd agree with all the complimentary comments above; nice clean and very user-friendly. The art is absolutely beautiful - even the ones I know quite well stilllook fresh and vibrant - a thing of beauty, friend. And I bet you ould get most of yerself through the railings ;)

Thanks for all the feedback chaps. I think there may be a bit more development to do yet, I'll let you know if things change.

Mike

I like the layout and tones of the site quite a bit. One thing I'd suggest is to find a script from somewhere for making an email form, though, or you're going to get spammed. I managed it once, but I remember it being a bit convoluted to set up and worse to format like the rest of the site. Spambots are being particularly active at the moment and from an email link posted somewhere to an old account of mine, I'm picking up nearly 50 spam emails a day.
Cracking gallery!

Just had to note the most amazing coincidence - Ed's and Mike's thread both have exactly 113, 278 views as of 17:11, 22nd July, 2012!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments all. One of these days I won't be on holiday at the wrong time and I'm going to get to the birdfair! I may even enquire about a stand for next year.

Well I've got quite a bit of stuff from this year's Singapore trip to show you but for now here's some odds and ends from the last few weeks.

A couple of common sandpipers pottered about for me a few weeks back and it gave me the opportunity to test out my little acrylic 'field painting kit'. It'll take some getting used to but it's going the right way I think.

A distant gsw kept popping his head up from behind the branch where he was feeding and a returning wheatear is always a delight to see.

What will probably be the last hobby of the year that I'll see made a brief stop on the ground and it was interesting to compare the shapes with those of a kestrel that I'd sketched earlier.

Finally one from this morning at a fairly bright but chilly and windy Elmley.

This damn finger splint comes off at last on Thursday this week so hopefully I can get back to some studio painting soon.

Mike

Attachments

• comsand1.jpg
    comsand1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 57
  • comsand2.jpg
    comsand2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 50
  • comsand3.jpg
    comsand3.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 51
  • comsand5.jpg
    comsand5.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 62
  • comsand4.jpg
    comsand4.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 87
Part two...

Mike

Attachments

• gsw.jpg
    gsw.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 54
  • kes-vs-hobby.jpg
    kes-vs-hobby.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 64
  • wheatear1.jpg
    wheatear1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 63
  • wheatear2.jpg
    wheatear2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 60
  • lappys.jpg
    lappys.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 87
delightful common sandpiper, they move about so much I find I draw several shapes in one sketch, and I think you've got the same here, almost cubist, showing so much movement, and then all that comes together when he sits still and bang - one solid portrait. Those lappies are begging to be worked up into a studio piece - and hats off to the wheatear looking back over his shoulder.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back