• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

High speed cards for Nikon D70 (1 Viewer)

tuftyhill

I am looking for a 512MB CF card for my D70, and was wondering whether it was worth going for the faster cards i.e. 40x and 80x.
I noticed a Lexar 512Mb USB 80x PRO card on 'ebuyer' for £59.99, it seems a good deal to me.
Are these cards compatable with the D70 ?
There is also a PQI 40x Ultra 512Mb for £36.99 - I've never heard of this manufacturer before.
I am at the moment only shooting jpeg's on 'Large - Fine' but hope to move onto RAW images next year when I buy a new, faster PC !!!

I can't speak to the others but I use a pair of Sandisk Ultra II 512MB cards and have had flawless operation with them. If I recall well, they are rated "60x" by Sandisk.

Tony

Hi Paul,
have a 300D and use Lexar 1GB and 512 x 40, have used other cards before but find Lexar superb for fast write and super quick down load. Bought mine from E-Bay and had no problems at all, hope this helps ;)

Thanks Paul,
I'm at the Bird Fair this w/end so will see if there are any good offers on, if not I'll probably go for the Lexar 512MB, don't know which speed yet, but as the 80x is only £59.99 it'll probably be that one.

Re: Hi-speed cards

tufty said:
I am looking for a 512MB CF card for my D70, and was wondering whether it was worth going for the faster cards i.e. 40x and 80x.
I noticed a Lexar 512Mb USB 80x PRO card on 'ebuyer' for £59.99, it seems a good deal to me.
Are these cards compatable with the D70 ?
There is also a PQI 40x Ultra 512Mb for £36.99 - I've never heard of this manufacturer before.
I am at the moment only shooting jpeg's on 'Large - Fine' but hope to move onto RAW images next year when I buy a new, faster PC !!!

Paul,

I attended a Nikon School here in Michigan and the pros recommended the Lexar and Scandisk cards w/ the fastest write-speeds possible (40X at the time). I think you'll be very happy and confident w/ either.

Best,

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back