• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

All I can remember (1 Viewer)

marcus

These are all the birds I saw in, on (since it was frozen), and around Lake Elkhorn this morning.
1.Turkey Vulture
2.Canada Goose
3.Mute Swan
4.Wood Duck
5.Mallard
6.Ring-necked Duck
7.Bufflehead
8.Hooded Merganser
9.Red-shouldered Hawk
10.American Coot
11.Ring-billed Gull
12.(probably)Blue Jay
13.American Crow
14.Northern Mockingbird
15.European Starling
16.Song Sparrow
17.White-throated Sparrow
18.Dark-eyed Junco
19.Northern Cardinal
20.Red-winged Blackbird
21.American Goldfinch
22.House Sparrow

Hi Ya Marcus.. for a frozen person you did rather well.. hope there was some hot chocolate for you after freezing yourself.

Nope, no hot chocolate.
And I'm sure the cold weather, about 19 degrees, would be nothing to you up in Canada.
But seriously, do you think that was pretty good for about an hour near a shopping center?

Thats some shopping center you've got there marcus!!!!!!!!!!! Sure makes the ordeal of going to the supermarket more bearable!! I think I'd go shopping everyday!!

Marcus I hate to burst your bubble about Canadian winter but we have not had any snow and it is or was 8 celcius!We have had no cold weather here yet this winter.. in fact we are the only place in Canada that is warm... BC that is.
And yes I think that your shopping center offers far better stuff outside then what you might find inside!

Gaye, I can vouch for our Canadian winters.... it's -40C here this morning... before the windchill!! And we have 3 feet of snow. I've been jealously watching your BC temperatures...

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back