• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two Passerine, One Raptor, Squaw Creek, MO - Jan/Feb (1 Viewer)

Sasquatch Fingers

International Man of Leisure
Here's a couple terrible pictures from a few years ago. I think the little guy on the right is a junco of some sort, maybe, but the fellow with the yellow face was a surprise, I had no recollection of seeing that picture before.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 1.41.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 1.41.16 AM.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 1.41.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 1.41.28 AM.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 45
How sure are we on the Harris's Sparrow? The face looks yellow to my eyes, but that could be an artifact of lighting and processing to brighten the image and up the contrast. Maybe?

Looks OK for Harris's to me; pink bill and plumage pattern match, even if the yellow's a bit off. Also MO is the right area for them. Try posting the unedited original if you still have it?

Looks OK for Harris's to me; pink bill and plumage pattern match, even if the yellow's a bit off. Also MO is the right area for them. Try posting the unedited original if you still have it?

That would involve a deep delve into a stack of external hard drives. With two people in agreement and no real alternatives even suggested, I'll go with y'all's ID of a Harris's Sparrow. Thanks, folks.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back