• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Balcony Bird Feeding (1 Viewer)

Alright so I have some bird food and some feeders. But I live in an apartment, on the 16th floor (there's 30 floors in total, in the apartment.) My question is, do you think birds would go that high to eat? Would they even notice if I put out food from that height? And, what are some things I should keep in mind if feeding them from a balcony? Thanks :)

Gulp... that is high , isn't it StarBurst.

I really don't know the answer - do you see birds flying around near your height, and do you know what species they are?

What species do you have in your area?

Not often, but sometimes I see tree sparrows perching around the area. There are other birds in the area but the sparrows are the only ones I've ever seen up near the balconies.

Pigeons may become an issue and annoy the neighbours, we have issues here with that and there are only 3 Pigeons!

Andy

Here, in Spain, in some cities it is forbidden even to feed the pigeons, because of the damage they cause to the buidings, statues...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back